Friday, January 20, 2012

Life in Vila

Hey all,


So today's the 21st and I've been here (Port Vila) since the 2nd when they flew me in for the broken toe. I'm going back tomorrow to site which is good because I've been away so long. So what have I been doing here for so long you may ask? Well not much, in the beginning I couldn't walk too much and crutches really hinder your shopping abilities by needing two hands. Just enjoying the electricity, watching Mad Men (I'm almost done with season 3 and started when I got here.), a bunch of movies and really enjoying downloading new music for my ipod! Also I got my new kindle which is great news! One Peace Corps guy Nic was visiting the states and my parents sent the kindle to him so he brought it over for me, I just re-uploaded all my books so now I'm super happy to be able to read again. I've been hanging out with some of the volunteers from the other group and got to see some people from my group who are on Efate. Not too much has been going on but here are some photo updates since I've been here too:


A few of us spent the day at a nice resort (Le Legan - look it up if you want to stay here it's really nice!) And yes that's some serious sunburn haha


Another beautiful sunset in Vila



My hotel room for almost a month!

Hot plate - yes!!

Rockin' the crocs for toe defense!

Real shower and toilet...so amazing!

My "view"



Well that's about it for now, I'm going back to Ambae tomorrow for about 9 days and coming back to Vila on the 30th of January for Phase II Training with the rest of my group so it should be a great time, ale lukim yu fala afta!
Ta ta

1 comments:

Rissa said...

Sounds like everything is going well. Sorry about your toe! Keep the posts coming. Love hearing about your adventures. Best of luck, stay healthy and enjoy the ride!
Marissa

Post a Comment