Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Two cats too many


So between the time I knew my dog was missing and I found her I decided to get a cat. This time it was more for practical purposes: catching rats. Every custom house has rats and they are really annoying and just totally destroyed my food safe so I decided it was time to even the odds. I tried poison and rat traps but nothing worked, and if it did another one would just be there the next day. Also late at night they love to just chew on wood really loudly in my house, so that’s also really annoying and keeps me up at night. I knew that my host family has some wild cats that just had some kittens that like to hang around outside their house so I went up there to ask about them and my host papa was more than happy to grab one, throw it in a rice bag and hand it to me. I brought this cat back to my house and could tell pretty quickly it wasn’t too thrilled at its new living arrangements. It sort of freaked out and kept meowing and tried to escape my house, but I made it some powdered milk and gave it some tin tuna so it would hopefully realize this is where it’s going to live now, so don’t go anywhere. After about an hour I gave up trying to pet it, it was pretty wild and wouldn’t come anywhere near me so I just laid down on the floor and took a nap. After I woke up I noticed the cat was now gone, oh well not a big loss, he didn’t seem to be too happy here. Later that day, as the sun was going down I saw this pathetic looking cat sitting outside the kitchens hoping to get some sort of scraps so I scooped it up and brought it back to my house and that one was very grateful cat. 

As soon as it started eating all the food I heard this other meow come from somewhere inside my house and there crawling out from underneath a suitcase was the original cat who got instantly territorial and hissed at the other one. I had the two cats for a few days but realized that I couldn’t keep the pathetic looking one because that didn’t know to go to the bathroom outside which was not good. I just kind of brought him back to the kitchens and that’s pretty much where it lives now. Anyway jealousy hit the other cat pretty hard and now it’s turned into my best friend and is constantly coming up to me and just being annoying in general. Right now it’s pretty small so I don’t think it can handle rats yet but it has caught a few geckos which is good because they crawl on my roof and piss on my head which is not enjoyable.
So as soon as I got Shaiah back I was wondering what was gonna happen with my new cat and my new found dog. It was pretty strange when the cat hissed at Shaiah and she was immediately terrified of it. Over time they’ve gotten to be pretty good friends so now I have one security for people and one for rats!





0 comments:

Post a Comment