Sunday, April 8, 2012

Last Post Bakegan

So this will be the last post again before I go back to Ambae and won’t have Internet until hopefully the next scheduled time and not another broken bone. Oh did I mention? I broke another bone. This time it was my thumb, and it hurt like hell. All I did was fall down, in front of all my students, which was pretty embarrassing but sucked even more when I realized that the pain I was in was pretty bad and I figured it was broken. That’s the reason I’m able to update my blog right now so it isn’t all bad.
Anyway before this, my friend Zack and I took a trip up to Joel’s site which is way up in the bush in North Ambae. It was his birthday so we wanted to have a small party. His village is past Waluriki (the hell hike I told you about earlier) and you have to walk up even more. We got there and we had a great time, Joel’s got a great village and we had fun.

Now I’ll skip to the pictures part, most of these are on Facebook but in case you don’t go on you can just check them out here with a little description for each, enjoy!

This is my favorite spot at the Pier where I do most of my reading

This is how you make copra, the sun dries out the meat of the coconut
and is then exported out for the copra market

This is taken from the pier, looking towards Manaro, the ominous volcano

My buddy Sam cooking some crabs we found 

THIS is laplap, I seriously cannot describe it to you
I can only tell you, it is not delicious

All the mama's are preparing takeaway banana leaves

When they're done, it looks a little something like this!
Just carry this baby on home

Zack and I eating some bat

Delicious hand of the bat

Cow tongues are a little chewy,
you must boil them a long time

Some students and teachers working on my new house!

Here's the inside

I've got myself a pretty sweet garden and ocean front property

As you can see it's very open and breezy

That mosquito net is quite invaluable

Apparently this keeps the rats out but they just
seem to chew through my screen

Say hello to my little friend.

She does like backpacks

Ni-Vans get a kick out of a white man carrying
a dog in a basket

My buddy Joel 

Joel's host brotha, just used a slingshot to
catch a wild faol

Man Ambae on a dry creek

Joel encouraging the children to clean the kava

I accidently fell in that green well with Mac..

Joel has to build a fire when he wants to cook
Man Ambae makin some food

Hungover and trekking, this sums it up

0 comments:

Post a Comment